You may have played several hands or participated in a poker tournament or two at WinStar, but there’s something you may not know about our poker room.
The “world” in WinStar World Casino and Resort is a word we take very seriously around here. We’re proud to have diverse employees in our poker room. In fact, we have employees from all over the world who speak a variety of different languages.
How many you ask? Let’s take a look at the numbers, shall we?
- We currently have 163 employees at WinStar Poker
- 40 of those 163 employees are bilingual
- 10 different languages are represented
- We have employees from 9 different countries
- 14 are from Vietnam
- 6 are from the Philippines and speak Tagalog
- 5 are Laotian and fluent
- 3 are Cambodian and fluent
- 3 are fluent in Spanish
- 2 are Chinese and speak Mandarin (and a little Cantonese)
- 1 dealer is from Brazil and speaks fluent Portuguese
- 1 floor supervisor is from Syria and speaks Arabic
- 1 floor supervisor is from Iran and speaks Farsi
Not to mention, we have:
- 5 Chickasaw citizens
- 6 Choctaw citizens
- 1 Cherokee citizen
We are proud of the diversity that exists around here. We are driven to build and expand on the range of backgrounds, characteristics and talents to our staff. Being able to communicate with players from all over the world is very important to our team.
On your next visit to WinStar Poker, keep your ears open for all the different languages our employees speak and maybe you’ll hear something familiar!